Definition of Digital Marketing – What is it?
Let’s begin with our first article. I thought it’s gonna be our first post why not on something which is on boom these days. It’s Digital Marketing or Online Marketing. This is the thing i have been doing from past 7-8 years but i wasn’t aware that unknowingly i am developing Digital Marketing skills in me. You all must have heard this term somewhere. So what is Digital Marketing? Let me give you a detail of it. It’s a marketing of products or services you provide on a digital platforms using Internet. There are many platforms over internet where you can advertise your products.
You must be thinking what are these platforms? Let me elaborate to you: Facebook, Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin and many more. These are some of the places where you market or advertise your products.
Let’s explain you with an example:
Suppose there is a sweet shop near by your house and it’s quite famous. They have a huge customer base but that is offline. What, if we are going to search for that sweet shop online? They does not exist. So how to sought out this issue? How to be online? Simple, you need to have a website to mark your presence over internet.
As soon as you are online Digital Marketing has it’s role to play. Although, you are online but nobody is aware of it. Start advertising your website to build your customer base online also.
What are the benefits of it:
The major benefit of Digital Marketing is cost. In comparison to offline marketing you save a lot of money in online marketing. Moreover, you get to reach out more people through Digital Marketing. You have plenty of platforms where you can advertise and google is hub for that.
Parts of Digital Marketing:
1. SEO (Search Engine Optimization): It helps you to rank your website on the first page of google. You need to learn this to make use of it.
2. SEM (Search Engine Marketing): It helps you to advertise your website on google or related google networks.
3. Inbound Marketing: It helps converting a visitor into a customer.
4. Email Marketing: This marketing is done over emails. The regular and constant email which we receive from some company are part of this only.
5. Social Media Marketing: It helps advertising our website in Social Media platforms.
So this was a basic information about it. If you have any questions feel free to ask in comments section below.